Friday 27 September 2013

OBAFEMI MARTINS: I WAS MAD AT MYSELF NOT THE COACH




Obafemi Martins has said he was angry at himself, and not the coach, after a 1-1 draw with Los Angeles Galaxy in which he was replaced.

His Side of the Story:

 “I just get angry at the fact that I didn’t do much in the game, so I get angry that they pull me out. But I’m not thinking of being angry with the manager, I just get angry to myself that I have not been doing my best in the game; so that’s it.” 

Seattle Sounders striker Martins told The News Tribune.He was substituted in the 76th minute.

Coach's Reaction:

Coach Sigi Schmid said he understands Martins position and said the Nigerian was emotional. “It’s an emotional game. Emotional players are emotional. That’s what you expect. Nobody is going to be happy when they come off the field,” Schmid said.

The clarification became necessary as some News agency reported that he was angry at his coach for removing him in the 76th minute of the game.


Do players have the right to protest their substitution in games?

We will love to hear from you. Have your say in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment